- Consumers will spend over $2.5 Billion during Halloween
- Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange is associated with the Fall harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
- Eisenhower’s 1958 White House was lit with an orange glow for a staff lunch given by the First Lady.
- Chocolate makes up about 75% of trick or treaters loot. Snickers is the #1 most poupular candy for trick or treaters.
- October 30 is National Candy Corn Day.
- 51 million American adults wore Halloween costumes in 2008.
- Of the pumpkins marketed domestically, 99% of them are used as Jack-o-lanterns
- The Scots believed in “Samhanach,” a goblin who came out only on Halloween and stole children.
- In France, more than 30,000 werewolf cases were tried between 1520 and 1630.
- “Samhainophobia” is the morbid fear of Halloween.
- Pennslyvania was the first colony to legalize witchcraft.
- In Lewis, Scotland, Halloween was once celebrated by designating one man to wade into the evening sea and offer a cup of ale to Shoney, a sea god.
- The first Frankenstein film was produced by Thomas Edison in 1910.
Jack-o-lantern Patterns- free printable designs for carving your pumkins this year