oops.. yep I forgot. It was a pretty wild day for me yesterday. Lots of good news and all in all a pretty great day, that my random facts completely slipped my mind!
It’s the month of LOVE LOVE LOVE, so up until the 28th, my facts will consist of all things lovey dovey and full of mush. Enjoy and hug someone you love today! Appreciate all the little smiles you get from the kiddos and grab your husbands butt here and there. It’s a good month to be in love!
- The enduring symbol of love, Cupid is said to have come from Chaos and represents the primitive forces of love and desire.
- When someone looks at a new love, the neural circuits that are usually associated with social judgment are suppressed.
- Men and women with highly symmetrical faces tend to have more lovers to choose from. Additionally, men with symmetrical faces begin to have sex four years earlier, have more sex, and have more affairs than their lopsided peers. Women also tend to have more orgasms with symmetrical men.
- It is estimated that 40–70% of female homicides are committed by their lovers and spouses
- The urge to fall in love is, like sex and hunger, a primitive, biological drive.
- Although nearly any body part or item of clothing may be an object of sexual fetishism, the shoe and the foot are the two most common fetishes in Western society.
- Approximately 1% of people worldwide identify as asexual (having no strong sexual attraction to either sex)
- Statistics show that approximately 90% of men and 65% of women masturbate from time to time
- People are more likely to tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left.
- Brain scans show that people who view photos of a beloved experience an activation of the caudate — the part of the brain involving cravings.
- Couples’ personalities converge over time to make partners more and more similar.
- One in five long-term love relationships began with one or both partners being involved with others.
- Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don’t. (I love this one…. Tony never ever leaves the house without giving me a kiss… I think I’ll keep him.)
- When it comes to doing the deed early in the relationship, 78 percent of women would decline an intimate rendezvous if they had not shaved their legs or underarms.
- Love can also exert the same stress on your body as deep fear. You see the same physiological responses — pupil dilation, sweaty palms, and increased heart rate.