Welcome back boys and girls. I hope you enjoy today’s collection of oddities.
- If you unfolded your brain, it would cover an ironing board.
- Mosquitoes prefer children to adults, blondes to brunettes.
- President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader! (that explains a lot)
- Snails breathe through their feet.
- Women who are romance novel readers are reported to make love 74% more often with their partners than women who do not read romance novels.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive. (Seriously, who doesn’t have this fear, just sayin’)
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!
- The average bed is home to over 6 billion dust mites.
- Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
- When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
- Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!
- Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate