Yep, it’s that time again girls and boys… I know, I know… you’ve been waiting ALL week. So here ya go.
- The microwave oven was invented by mistake when an engineer testing a magnetron tube noticed that the radiation from it melted the chocolate bar he had in his pocket.
- About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they’re still sitting on it.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
- In all three Godfather films, when you see oranges, there is a death (or a very close call) coming up soon.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury.
- One third of the land in the United States is owned by the government.
- An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it. (well now that’s just sad.)
- The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- When George Lucas was mixing the American Graffiti soundtrack, he numbered the reels of film starting with an R and numbered the dialog starting with a D. Sound designer Walter Murch asked George for Reel 2, Dialog 2 by saying “R2D2”. George liked the way that sounded so much he integrated that into another project he was working on. (George Lucas is an ass. Just sayin’)
- In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
- During your lifetime, you’ll eat about 60,000 pounds of food. That’s the weight of about 6 elephants.
- You’ll eat about 35,000 cookies in your lifetime. (YUM)
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs.