Random crap again… yep I know. I can’t help it… I like them.
- Horses cannot breathe through their mouth. If their nostrils become obstructed, they could suffocate.
- Outside North and South America, the only alligators found in the wild are in China
- The 1970’s comedy movie ‘Airplane’ is actually a remake of the 1950’s disaster movie ‘Zero Hour’. The plot and a lot of the dialog are identical in both movies.
- A National Weather Service study indicated that more than eight out of every ten people injured or killed by lightning were men.
- When you pick up a common “pine cone,” you’d be correct to refer to it as “she,” since these brown, seeded cones are all female.
- Early basketball rules called for a jump ball to occur after the scoring of each field goal.
- The average CD can hold 74 minutes’ worth of music. That unusual length was determined by Sony’s president, who decided that a single CD should be able to contain the longest recorded version of Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony.
- Louis Armstrong played the trumpet so much that he got callouses on his lips so he cut them off with a razor blade.
- The creator of the iPod first shopped his idea (without success) to Philips and RealNetworks before Apple agreed to market the device.