It’s that time again…. Random bullshit, brought to you by me oh my, found in Mental Floss magazine.
- Founding fathers George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were both redheads.
- The string attached to boxes of animal crackers were originally placed there so that the container could be hung from the branches of a Christmas tree.
- The act of snapping one’s fingers has a name. It is called a “fillip.”
- Due to the “naughty” dancing of the can-can girls, and the scantily clad models on 1800s French postcards, the British equated anything risqué with France. In fact, that’s how the phrase “pardon my French” entered the vernacular.
- Only pharaohs were allowed to eat mushrooms in ancient Egypt.
- Karl Marx once served as a European correspondent for The New York Tribune.